About this blog...

I am a former leader of a Human Terrain Team in Iraq. My intent with this blog was to identify relevant, open-source materials on Iraqi culture, society, politics, religion and economics - just about anything on or about the Iraqi population in general.

I am continuing the blog now only sporadically, as a means of information distribution in support of efforts to improve a vital program hamstrung by failures in execution.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Provide your feedback

A few days ago I posted a copy of our detailed statement to the Project on Government Oversight (POGO), where we describe program shortcomings in recruiting, retention, training and execution. The following few days were a visceral reminder that many others have experienced some of these shortcomings first hand--both as HTS members and customers--and are interested in corroborating or expanding on them in detail.

For those interested in doing so that haven't already reached out to us, you can provide completely anonymous input to at this website, or email your input to this address: info--AT--pogo--DOT--org.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to add anonymous commentary to a blog that does not accept anonymous comments, but there it is.

Thank you for leaving the comments on your defunct blog open for me.

I am opposed to the Human Terrain System, but I do applaud the efforts of the people who have sacrificed a great deal to make it happen. I think that the ethical considerations weigh heavily against this type of program.

You may read about this here...